form autentication problem....

hai there

first of all wish u all a very happy new year............

i was just burshing up ASP.net......
i am confronting a problem..........

its related to form based authentication

in the IIS adnin tool i right clicked on the virtual directory and selected its property and form the tabs- Directory Security and in it i clicked on edit
there i checked anonymous access and cleared all other fields ....that is integrated Windows authentication
was also cleared(MOC 2310 Module 16 : securing a microsoft ASP.net web Application page no: 31 NOTE :verify that.......)
then i tried to run the project

ERROR WIHILE RUNNING THE PROJECT :UNABLE TO START THE DEBUGGING THE WEB SERVER.DEBUGGING FAILED AS INTEGRATED WINDOWS AUTHENTICATION IS NOT ENABLED

WHAT SHOULD I DO ENABLE THE INTEGRATED WINDOW AUTHENTICATION OR NOT OR CHANGE MY SETTINGS.......?

can any one help

if i enable the integrated window authentication the there is no kind or password asking or any thing.....i able to log into the page directly..........

please respond........

if possible respond as soon as possible........I am having trouble figuring out what this windows auth setting has to do with forms auth. You are using forms auth are you not? Also, why couldn't you use basic auth?

Right now I have annon access checked, I am letting IIS control the password to IUSR, and I have integrated windows auth unchecked. I am not haveing any problems.i cracked it
i was missing some code

the following code was to be add ed there ......... earlier also i changed the authentication mode to forms and set loginUrl this was yet to be add

<location path="SecurePageDemo1.aspx">

<system.web>

<authorization>

<deny users="?" />

</authorization>

</system.web>

</location>

so thanks againAustin, you don't have to fool with IIS settings to use forms authentication, you should have left them as they were. That is controlled by your web.config and your authorizing function.

Back