In Homesite or Dreamweaver, can anyone tell me <br />
how to add foreign ( Japan ) characters. <br />
<br />
I need to add a line of HTML text in Japanese. I have <br />
the Japanese fonts activated on my machine, but how <br />
do i get Homesite to recognise them and stop adding <br />
' ???? ' every time i paste it in.<br />
<br />
Cheers AndyB<!--content-->look for something like "insert special carictors"<!--content-->They would not be normal special characters, and would not have an &something; code, thats the problem. You are going to have to try the encoding or maybe open character map and look around in there for a while and either paste them into your html or type in the character with ascii. As my memorie servers me the japanese encoding is Big-5 but I am not sure about that, and it would not be all that good to change the page encoding for one line of japanese text. One thing to look at is Arial Unicode MS It has a bunch of japanese characters and because it is unicode and not ascii it has more characters in it so it can display us characters too but this may mean you will have to tweak the encoding on your site so the validator gag on it<!--content-->ネハコ쒊쒦쓃쒿 Thats in special pecial characters the forum convirted it when I typed it in arial, go view the source to see them, thats the character numbers in unicode or something.<!--content-->

Back