Forced scroll

liunx

how do you create a link that will force it to scroll down to an area?<!--content-->Hi and welcome to the forums. Quite simple really.<br />
<br />
It uses two components.<br />
<br />
1, the link... like this:<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"#anyname">click here</a><br />
<br />
2, the target if you want to call it that.<br />
<br />
<a name="anyname"></a>Place this where you want the page to start off after clicking the link.<br />
<br />
Make sure you use the hash in the first link and the same name in the second.<br />
<br />
Hope that helps.<br />
<br />
Stick around... you'll find this a great place for all sorts of help.<!--content-->ok, thanx! but it wont work on angelfire. <br />
what am I doning wrong!? though somebody suggested using geocities. On angelfire, when I do this it looks for another page.<!--content-->I don't see anywhere where you are using it.<!--content-->thats because its for a different website. Plus, I took it out after it didnt work.<!--content-->well you ask why it won't work and then you don't eevn have it on there anymore. that code is not server specific. you don't even need a server to run it.<br />
<br />
you can run it from your computer too with no problems.<br />
<br />
so yes it will work on angelfire<!--content-->I didnt ask why it didnt work, I asked if it would work on angelfire. And, I felt not reason to leave it in when it didnt work, and it is not on the website that is under my name.<!--content-->Originally posted by The_binary_soul <br />
ok, thanx! but it wont work on angelfire. <br />
what am I doning wrong!? <br />
yes you did, what am I doning wrong we can't tell you what you did wrong without seeing it.<!--content-->

Back