footer question

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have a footer that is basically put into a table that is 100% width. The problem I need to solve is that I want the footer to show up on the bottom of the page, but it is showing up in the middle of the page when the page does not have enough content to push the footer down. Is there a way to specify in HTML for the footer to alway show up at the bottom of the page no matter if the page is too short?<br />
<br />
These pages are generated dynamically using cold fusion so the length of the page varies, but I would like to find and HTML solution if their is one, because, although I could program a counter to count rows inserted and insert extra rows when needed, NOT all my pages use cold fusion and therefore some of the pages are just static html and I dont want to have to code in hard returns.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance for any help.<!--content-->I am also using CSS, which someone else has handled in these pages, any solutions using CSS are also welcome. The middle content is in a table that is 100% wide and the footer follows it in another table that is also 100% wide, so I just need a way to specify that when the content table is not pushing the footer table all the way to the bottom of the page, then the footer needs to be pushed down.<br />
<br />
Once again, thanks in advance for any help.<!--content-->#footer<br />
{ position: absolute;<br />
margin: 0px;<br />
bottom: 0px;<br />
height: 50px;<br />
}<!--content-->

Back