fonts

liunx

if i have a customised font, how do i get notepad or dreamweaver to recognise it??<br />
<br />
does this make sense<!--content-->You want to use a special font for your web site? Wll thats great but if it is installed on your computer and not ours we will be seeing defalt font when its on your site. Also notepad is courier you can change the font in it. It should be recognised by dreamweaver if it properly installed on your computer. i reccomend using basic fonts for text because if its some out there font like some of the ones on my clan (bad acid, colonna nt) They are cool but nobody has them and they get tough to read.<!--content-->See <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/weft3/default.htm">http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web ... efault.htm</a><!-- m -->. a font? This is the first time I have heard of that. Thats pretty awesome. I didnt think such a thing was possible.<!--content-->Originally posted by PeOfEo <br />
embeding a font? This is the first time I have heard of that. Thats pretty awesome. I didnt think such a thing was possible. <br />
<br />
Well, if you want a cross browser and cross OS solution, then no, it's not possible.<br />
This is (sadly) more of adding extras to a few selected browsers.<!--content-->Originally posted by Stefan <br />
This is (sadly) more of adding extras to a few selected browsers. <br />
Dont see anything wrong with that. Soon, it may end up becomeing a web standard. What we need is browsers that respect web standards. In addition, if they provide nice features, great!<!--content-->Internet explorere is the most used browser out there. If these little extras only work on internet explorer or ns6 but add a whole lot of style to the site then have at it. I like new things that catch my eye (not too tacky though).<!--content-->Originally posted by nkaisare <br />
Soon, it may end up becomeing a web standard. <br />
<br />
Well we can hope anyway. <br />
They've been bickering about how to implement a webstandard for this since the mid 1990ies :(<br />
Hell even NS 4 had it's own proprietary font-inclusion stuff.<br />
<br />
However I guess by now they are just waiting for SVG instead :/<!--content-->

Back