Fonts/CSS in Japanese DW 4

liunx

Any body using Dreamweaver in Japanese?<br />
<br />
Not sure if this is the right place for this posting if not please excuse me, I am desparate.<br />
<br />
First:<br />
I have DW 4 J installed on Win2k English with Japanese as the system locale and input locale default (I use a Japanese keyboard but that is another nightmare I won't get into right now). DW 4J itself has proportional, fixed and code fonts set to MS Gothic. The default encoding is Shift JIS and the pages that I am trying to view are also Shift JIS. They show up fine in IE 6.2.2 and Netscape 6 locally and on the web so it is definitely a Dreamweaver problem or perhaps a Dreamweaver operator problem. :o)<br />
<br />
The problem is that in design view the Japanese is unreadable (even though I can read Japanese) It is all Mojibake. However, in code view it is readable.<br />
<br />
I have tried for days to get this working but I can't figure it out. Any ideas?<br />
<br />
Second:<br />
I am tying to use CSS to specify fonts etc on Japanese pages. In the English version of DW there are four or five font names in English (Romaji)In the Japanese Dreamweaver there are the same fonts but written in Kanji. Whic should I use in the CSS style sheets? Does it matter? <br />
<br />
Bob<br />
<br />
Bob<!--content-->I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Japanese version of Dreamweaver, but have you tried going to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.macromedia.com">www.macromedia.com</a><!-- w --> and searching there. There may be something on their site that can help you, perhaps you need to Download <!--more--> something to fix it. Failing that, you can contact them for support with this issue.<br />
<br />
Good luck! ;)<!--content-->Yes that was my first stop. I searched but could not find anything specifically relating to this problem in the faq etc. Lots on the display of "double Bytes Characters" but not on the problem I am having. I don't have access to news groups because I am on cable and my provider here doesn't have newsgroups. Why does Macromedia use such a strange system of newsgroups for their support? I have also sent a message to macromedia support. Posting here was sort of my last resort. Thanks anyway Goldilocks.<br />
<br />
Bob<!--content-->

Back