Folder structure for module-based zend project

DarkNik91

When using the normal architecture (I guess it's called controller-based architecture), zend recommends the following folder structure (taken from here):\[code\] <project name>/ application/ configs/ application.ini controllers/ helpers/ forms/ layouts/ filters/ helpers/ scripts/ models/ modules/ services/ views/ filters/ helpers/ scripts/ Bootstrap.php data/ cache/ indexes/ locales/ logs/ sessions/ uploads/ docs/ library/ public/ css/ images/ js/ .htaccess index.php scripts/ jobs/ build/ temp/ tests/\[/code\]Now for projects that use a module-based architecture, not the default controller-based architecture, I can't find a recommended folder structure.
  • I know that there will be a modules folder and each module within it will have its own sub folders (controllers, views, models).
  • But I've seen a tutorial create only controllers and views (no models) and bunch up all the models in the main (application) model folder. Strange!
  • Also since it's module based, shouldn't the main application content also be moved into a module of its own? And if they were to be moved into a separate module, would there be a need for folders (controllers, views, models) in the application-level itself?

Back