Floating Div question

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,<br />
<br />
I have 2 tables on my page with the first being 100px high (The second spans the rest of the screen). Inside the first table I have a a TD where OVERFLOW has been set to AUTO in case the data exceeds the height I've set. Now..As well as having OVERLFOW:AUTO; I wish to include a small image at the top of this cell which when clicked, would create some kind of FLOATING <DIV> and fully expand the data in this cell *without* actually increasing the height of the table. So in a sense, the cell would overlay the second table beneath.<br />
<br />
The affect I'm after is similiar to that of a Select box. i.e. when you click the small triangle on a check box, it expands the view without increasing the the table height (if you had it inside a table). e.g.<br />
<select name="apptPosn" style="width:163px;"><br />
<option value="a">a</option><br />
<option value="b">b</option><br />
<option value="c">c</option><br />
<option value="d">d</option><br />
<option value="e">e</option><br />
<option value="f">f</option><br />
<option value="g">g</option><br />
</select><br />
<br />
I'm sure this can be achieved with a floating div, but I'm just not sure on how to actually do it.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
al<!--content-->tables don't follow the overflow parameter, only divs can.<br />
<br />
you would have to create a hidden div and then when the small image is clicked it will make that div visible. it has nothing to do with float. you have to set the hidden div a certain height and then set the overflow so it will scroll.<!--content-->

Back