"flashing" text

Is it possible, using css, to make text look like it's flashing?
Maybe having 2 colors changing on and off in a second, or something like that?
Thanks

if its not possible in css, other ways? java script not prefered.To my knowledge the best (at least at the moment) CSS can do is:

<span style="text-decoration: blink;">Blinking Text</span>

But that doesn't work in IE. I think you'd have to use a JavaScript to do that.

<body onload="changeColour('blinky');">
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
function changeColour(elementId) {
var interval = 500;
var colour1 = "#ff00ff", colour2 = "black";
if (document.getElementById) {
var element = document.getElementById(elementId);
element.style.color = (element.style.color == colour1) ? colour2 : colour1;
setTimeout("changeColour('" + elementId + "')", interval);
}
}
//--></script>
<p id="blinky">This should change colour</p>There is a splendid page by one of the forefront runners of the Open Source movement Eric S. Raymond
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/html-hell.html">http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/html-hell.html</a><!-- m -->
It addresses blinking text right up in the first paragraph.

Listen to wisdomlol, king pellinore...i went to that link and well... i agree to some extent...but the way i'm going to use blinking on my page is very effecite, and how imussing it, every 2 secs., and from dark gray to light gray is really not that annoying, it only gives the user a hint to look that way... thanks for your reply anyways.Originally posted by minulescu
Is it possible, using css, to make text look like it's flashing?
Maybe having 2 colors changing on and off in a second, or something like that?
Thanks

if its not possible in css, other ways? java script not prefered.

You could do it in CSS by repeating the same text twice in different colors placed on top of each other and having the top one blink.

Personally I'd advice against using it though, becuse blink IMO sucks :DI'd agree with Stefan that blinking text sucks. I think it is a very tacky addition to a page. I can think of only a small handful of uses for it, and I doubt that it would look good in many of those. :)