Flashchat: Who is chatting (Add On)

MobileHacks

vBulletin Version Compatibility

This hack can be used with vBulletin v3.8.x and v3.7.3 PL1. This has not been tested with earlier versions of v3.7.x, but should work.

What Does This Hack Do?

This is an add-on/enhancement to Paul M's Flashchat: Who is chatting hack.
This is the v3.8 port of my v3.7.x hack with extras.

Note: This hack works for FlashChat 5.0.x onwards only, and will not work with FlashChat 4.7.x.

What hacks need installing before installing this hack?
These hacks need to be installed in this order and working correctly, for this hack to work.
  1. Tufat's FlashChat v5.x.x
  2. Paul M's Flashchat: Integration for vB 3.7 v3.7.009
  3. Paul M's Flashchat: Who is chatting v3.7.003
  4. Then install this hack.

This does not change the functionality of Paul M's hack, this is just an enhancement to your installed version of Flashchat: Who is chatting.

The members on my forum requested that the Members currently using Flashchat box be moved to the top of the forums as it was a long way to scroll down to see who was chatting, at the top members could see who was chatting.

As members had to enter the chat or visit the forum homepage again to see who was chatting, I fixed it so that my members could also see who was chatting as they browsed the various forums and threads as well as on the who is online pages.

Code that is used in this hack is mainly Paul M's and once again he has kindly given me permission to use the code in my Who is chatting add-on hacks. I have also used part of the description from his hack as well.

Thank you Paul, for all your work on the Flashchat integration, it makes all our lives easier

What It Does

1. It displays the chat list under the navbar in the following locations:
    • Forum Home
    • Forum Display
    • Show Thread
    • Who is Online
    • Members Profile pages
    • Search pages
    • Tag Search
    • Social Groups
    • Calendars
    • FAQ
    • Albums
    • User Profile
    • UserCP
    • Private Messages
    • Subscriptions
    • Members List
  2. The list view is collapsible, so you see just the number.
  3. Users who should display as coloured or bold etc are displayed correctly (based on the display usergroup)
  4. If you 'hover' over a username it will show the room they are chatting in and their status (away etc).
  5. If the chat is empty, a simple "No one is currently using the chat." message is displayed.
  6. Display the Most Ever chatters if enabled.
  7. The ability to turn it on/off is in the AdminCP Options (independent of Paul M's hack).
  8. The ability to select which locations this hack is displayed (independent of Paul M's hack).
  9. The ability to allow only certain usergroups to view the list is an AdminCP option (again, independent of Paul M's hack).
Note: This hack cannot display any bots in the chat, due to the strange way that FlashChat stores this information.

Installation Instructions

The installation instructions are included in the attached zip file.

Screenshots
Show in this order:
  • Who is Chatting box
  • AdminCP options (1)
  • AdminCP options (2)

Version History

v3.7.001 - Sunday 26th October 2008
-- Initial v3.7 Release

buzzybuzz23

Hai there!

I've got installed:
# FlashChat v5.x.x
# Paul M's Flashchat: Integration for vB 3.7 v3.7.009
# Paul M's Flashchat: Who is chatting v3.7.003
# Mosh's Flashchat: Who is chatting (Add On) v3.8.001

but cant see the Who's Chatting box.. :-S

I've got Vbulletin 3.7.3 PL1 installed..

does someone have a solution for me?

MobileHacks

Maybe this is your problem as you have Mosh's Flashchat: Who is chatting installed which is for Flashchat: Who is chatting (Blog Add On) There are 2 diffrent versions

What hacks need installing before installing this hack?
These hacks need to be installed in this order and working correctly, for this hack to work.
  1. Tufat's FlashChat v5.x.x
  2. Paul M's Flashchat: Integration for vB 3.7 v3.7.009
  3. Paul M's Flashchat: Who is chatting v3.7.003
  4. Then install this hack.
This does not change the functionality of Paul M's hack, this is just an enhancement to your installed version of Flashchat: Who is chatting.

buzzybuzz23

Thanks for the reply!

I deinstalled Mosh's Flashchat but stil no luck for me.. I can only see the "Who is chatting" after disabeling the Who is chatting (Add On) in admincp. (I did make the changes from the instructions delivered with the Who is chatting (Add On))

Where could i've made a mistake?

I hope you could help me out..