Flash BBCode With Size Option

MobileHacks

Flash BBCode with size option - vBulletin.org Forum

I've been looking for a way to get flash embedded for awhile now with the option to enter in the width and height. after getting nowhere (searched alot) and turning up nothing I started looking at the code and realized that the {param} area or option area can be inside the actual url to the file itself. by putting the paramater field into the embeds parameter field you can not only increase the width and hight but set it however you want. autoplay or quality, etc.

I realize that this may be a security risk so it would be a good idea to restrict it to a certain usergroup who can use it that you trust or disable it and not use it completely. This can be only done in 3.6.8 via this mod: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...122942&page=13 but as of right now it looks like 3.7.3 doesn't work with it. although some users do report being able to make it work in that thread with 3.7.x but I will not support this as it is not my code and its for an older version of vbulletin. I thought that since alot of people seem to be looking for this that it might be useful to some. Enjoy but use at your own risk.

If there was another mod similar I am sorry. please let me know and I will react accordingly.

Edit: changed the param and option tags around so that the url to the file would be the inbetween lines and the flash options (width, height, etc) would be the options. This makes more sense from a coding point of view to me and the users as well. as most vb code usually had the link to the actual media in the middle of the tags.

Name:
Flash embedding with size options

Description
Adds flash BBcode with ability to add resizing option

Options
Width and Height go into options area

Install time: 1 min
Install level: Easy

Installation
Step 1: Open bbcode manager and add this following bbcode:

Name: Flash

Tag: flash

Replacement:
PHP:
<object><embed src="{param}" {option} allowScriptAccess ="never" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Example: [flash= width = xxx height = xxx]http://www.somesite.com/flashfile.swf[/flash]

Description: Flash video to embed

Use Option: Yes

Button image:
flash.gif

Change Log

1.0.2 - added allowScriptAccess = "never" to code to limit the scripting from the flash objects a little. not perfect but a step in the right direction. flash still works. only scripts cannot be exectuted on updated flash players in most browsers.
1.0.1 - reversed option and parameter tag to give more bbcode style look

bluescorpion

spit_f1re88 said:
just wanna make it clear. Does it work only for .swf files?

Yes, swf files only. If you look at the code being presented, you can easily use it to add other formats as long as you have the "<object>" code. Most of the "replacement" bbcodes work the same way and it is just the object call that changes.

ksan

I am trying to use it to add a small .swf file as a button... but it doesnt seem to work...

i renamed the file to forum_new.swf and changed the code in the forum from forum_new.gif to forum_new.swf... but i cant get it to work.

I installed the above mentioned bbcode but still no go....

The flash images displays perfect in a browser, just not on my forum..

thnx in advance