fixing font size

liunx

Hi,<br />
<br />
Does anybody know how I can fix the font size on my page, regardless of the view/font size choice.<br />
<br />
I'm creating a text menu in the left frame on the page (the frame size is fixed in px, and the text is in a table specified also in pixels). It looks alright with medium fonts in Windows (96 dpi or something) and medium size parameter in the view/font size, but if I change my system to large fonts (125 dpi), the text goes of the frame.<br />
<br />
If I optimize the page for large font settings, it looks to small in the medium fonts :)<br />
<br />
Please, help<br />
<br />
<br />
orlenok<!--content-->Hi, Orlenok!<br />
<br />
I don't normally specify font sizes on my pages. The majority of the text is "default size", so that it sets to whatever size the individual browser is set to.<br />
<br />
If I need to change the font size, I'll specify it as "+1", "+2", "-1", etc. <br />
<br />
Any text that won't fit completely into the window will automatically wraparound.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->your best be t is to specify the font-sizes in the stylesheet and use pixels. modern browser will also support the !important directive like this.<br />
<br />
<style><br />
body {font-size:12px !important}<br />
</style><br />
<br />
<br />
The only way the user can override that font size is if they install their own local style sheet and also use important.<br />
<br />
You should understand though that some user have vision problems and need toset large fonts. If yu prevent them from doing that, your site becomes unusabel for them<!--content-->

Back