Fixed position menu within a layer

liunx

I would like to have a navigation menu within a layer that is in a fixed position on the top/left of the screen regardless of whether the rest of the page scrolls or not. <br />
<br />
I have managed this using a borrowed script, but the menu floats up and down before returning to its position and looks a little untidy for the website it is intended for.<br />
<br />
I would like the menu to remain fixed and not move at all. I presently have the menu in a separate frame, but need to investigate the possibilty of getting rid of frames altogether.<br />
<br />
I thought I might be able to achieve this using CSS but I couldn't get it to work.<br />
<br />
<br />
Can anyone help?<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->Originally posted by Grunty <br />
<br />
<br />
I thought I might be able to achieve this using CSS but I couldn't get it to work.<br />
Can anyone help?<br />
Thanks <br />
You can do the above with CSS positioning....<br />
post a link to your pages so that some one can take a look and see where in the code is/are screw ups..<!--content-->Sorry but I dont have anything to post a link to yet.<br />
<br />
When I said I couldnt get it to work, I meant that I didnt really know how. I was just experimenting with CSS as I am still a novice at it, so here is the code for that so far:<br />
<br />
.fixlayer {position: absolute;left: 10px;top: 20px;}<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
<br />
P.S. Please feel free to move this stuff to another more relevant topic as it seeems to be more about CSS than HTML<!--content-->Originally posted by Grunty <br />
Sorry but I dont have anything to post a link to yet.<br />
<br />
You can put all of your files in a .zip compressed folder and upload them to this forum so that we can see what you have. The CSS code you posted will work fine, as long as your layer has the class="fixlayer" attribute set.<br />
<br />
Jona<!--content-->

Back