Fixed Page Size

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Firstly...sorry if I've repeated another post!<br />
<br />
I am trying to design a page but want to set the page size so that it cannot be resized by the end user.<br />
<br />
Is this possible or will I have to use a pop-up and if this is the case does anyone know where I could get the relevant script from?<br />
<br />
Any help will be greatly appriciated on this one as it is driving me crazy!!<br />
<br />
cheers all<br />
<br />
m<!--content-->1) you'll have to use a popup.<br />
2) you can get a popup script at absolutely any and all script sites.<br />
3) please, oh please, use a percentage width or something that will stretch or shrink to FIT the screen. there is nothing more annoying that being on a small screen and not being able to get to the 'X'.<br />
<br />
here's an example of one i use that sizes itself to be 90% of the screen width and height:<br />
(head)<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"><br />
<!-- pop up new window <br />
var win=null;<br />
function NewWindow(mypage,myname,w,h,scroll,pos){<br />
{LeftPosition=(screen.width)?(screen.width-w)/2:100;TopPosition=0;}<br />
settings='width='+w+',height='+h+',top='+TopPosition+',left='+LeftPosition+',scrollbars='+scroll+',l ocation=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes';<br />
win=window.open(mypage,myname,settings);}<br />
// --><br />
</script><br />
(body)<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"path/to/file.html" onclick="NewWindow(this.href,'extra',screen.width*9/10,screen.height*9/10,'yes','center');return false" onfocus="this.blur()">link text</a><br />
<br />
hope this helps.<!--content-->it all depends on what the page is. if you mean you want to set a page that is way bigger than my resolution than it has to be a popup. other than that I see no reason why you would want to set it as a certain width.<!--content-->

Back