fixed font size.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! I hope I got a really easy problem! :)<br />
I want a fixed font size on my web page so that no one can change it through their browsers (View/Text Size). I hope this is possible...<br />
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flash.to/claesOas">www.flash.to/claesOas</a><!-- w --> <br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->I think it was found that it can't be done. Someone else will post afterwards to prove this wrong if it is though :)<br />
<br />
Those controls are in place for those people who require the extra abilities. You will probably find though, that most people keep things at their original settings (medium).<!--content-->if you define the font sizes using a style sheet or inline style tags using points (pt) the size will not change if the user changes the text size in the browser:<br />
<br />
font-size: 11pt;<br />
<br />
I'm not sure how Netscape will deal with that but give it a try and see if it works.<!--content-->It works on all my text but not when im trying to use css on a VBScript that shows the date...<br />
<br />
It looks like this:<br />
<div align="center"><font size="1" color="#CCCCCC" face="Tahoma"> <b> <br />
<script language="VBScript"><br />
<!--<br />
Dim Dag<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 1 Then Dag = "S榘奷ag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 2 Then Dag = "M閷竏ag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 3 Then Dag = "Tisdag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 4 Then Dag = "Onsdag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 5 Then Dag = "Torsdag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 6 Then Dag = "Fredag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 7 Then Dag = "L榘巇ag"<br />
document.Write "<ALIGN=left WIDTH=400><FONT SIZE=-2 FACE=tahoma>" & Dag & " " & Date() & "<ALIGN=left WIDTH=400> </FONT>"<br />
--><br />
</script><br />
</b></font></div><br />
<br />
Where should I define the class="fixed" ?<br />
<br />
/claesOas.<!--content-->kevin, true you may not be able to but i can set my browser to use any style sheet I want. not just the one on the site.<br />
<br />
I think this site uses style sheets so if you change the text you can still make it bigger or smaller if you want.if you couldn't change the text then it would be a accessabilty problem as the near blind people have to have the text big ;)<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
kevin, true you may not be able to but i can set my browser to use any style sheet I want. not just the one on the site.<br />
<br />
I think this site uses style sheets so if you change the text you can still make it bigger or smaller if you want.if you couldn't change the text then it would be a accessabilty problem as the near blind people have to have the text big ;) <br />
<br />
Yep, with IE you can do that (not sure about Netscape), but I have a feeling a very low percentage of the web browsing population knows about that let alone ever uses it. People with accessibility issues of course should know all the tools they have at their disposal for making webpages as readable and as accessible as possible, but so few websites even code for accessibility, I know I never did and I am literally half blind myself.<!--content-->Originally posted by claesOas <br />
It works on all my text but not when im trying to use css on a VBScript that shows the date...<br />
<br />
It looks like this:<br />
<div align="center"><font size="1" color="#CCCCCC" face="Tahoma"> <b> <br />
<script language="VBScript"><br />
<!--<br />
Dim Dag<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 1 Then Dag = "S榘奷ag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 2 Then Dag = "M閷竏ag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 3 Then Dag = "Tisdag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 4 Then Dag = "Onsdag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 5 Then Dag = "Torsdag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 6 Then Dag = "Fredag"<br />
If WeekDay(Date) = 7 Then Dag = "L榘巇ag"<br />
document.Write "<ALIGN=left WIDTH=400><FONT SIZE=-2 FACE=tahoma>" & Dag & " " & Date() & "<ALIGN=left WIDTH=400> </FONT>"<br />
--><br />
</script><br />
</b></font></div><br />
<br />
Where should I define the class="fixed" ?<br />
<br />
/claesOas. <br />
<br />
try this:<br />
<br />
<font style="font-size: 11pt;" color="#CCCCCC" face="Tahoma"><br />
<br />
and see if it helps a little bit anywaqy. Nothing is fool-proof unless you make it an image.<!--content-->Wow!<br />
Ok! Thanx it worked!<!--content-->

Back