Fitting an embedded table to 100% of outer table

windows

Hello,<br />
<br />
I have a table with a number of embedded tables inside it to produce a narrow, consistent border around my layout. I have 2 columns, both with embedded tables, both have different background colours to the outer table. As 1 of them increases in size (as this houses the main content of my webpage), the other stays a fixed length and I am left with a vast space of the outer table. I do not want to fix the height of the embedded table as this will always vary according to what is in the main content. <br />
<br />
Example:<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.14loft.co.uk/example.html">http://www.14loft.co.uk/example.html</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
Basically, can you stretch an embedded table height to fit the table it is in without having to either fix it or use transparent gif (in which case I would have to fix the height of the gif).<br />
<br />
Any help appreaciated!<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Annette<!--content-->Use height="100%"<br />
<br />
This is an example<br />
<br />
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Untitled</TITLE><br />
</HEAD><br />
<BODY><br />
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="30%" bgColor=#c0c0c0><br />
<TBODY><br />
<TR><br />
<TD vAlign=top height="100%"><br />
<TABLE cellPadding=5 height="100%"><br />
<TBODY><br />
<TR><br />
<TD valign="top" bgColor=#f9f9f9>This is the embedded table I wish to stretch to <br />
fit the right table.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><br />
<TD><br />
<TABLE cellPadding=5><br />
<TBODY><br />
<TR><br />
<TD vAlign=top bgColor=#f3f3f3>This is the embedded table that will <br />
always be longer than the left table. I want the void on the left to <br />
be filled according to the size of this table - i.e. I don't want to <br />
fix it as I am using includes and the size if fixed will vary for <br />
every page. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></BODY></HTML><!--content-->Use CSS. IT can dynamically change BOTH of the boxes at the same time, to the same size....Only use tables for tabular data...as defined by the W3C.;)<!--content-->

Back