Filtering XML data using custom markup language

asvetanerr

I am trying to write a document which could help in filtering data from another XML document. E.g. \[code\]<document> <filter> <what> <include> <marital_staus/> <ms>single</ms> <!--nog = no of groups--> <include> <memberofgroups/> <gn>Football club</gn> <!--user is a member of this club--> </include> </include> </what> </filter> <users> <user> <name> <first>abc</first> <last>xyz</last> </name> <dob>12/02/1987</dob> <marital_status>married</marital_status> <groups> <member_of_group>Chess Club</member_of_group> <member_of_group>Football club</member_of_group> </groups> </user> <user> <name> <first>aaa</first> <last>bbb</last> </name> <dob>14/03/1987</dob> <marital_status>single</marital_status> <groups> <member_of_group>Chess Club</member_of_group> <member_of_group>Football club</member_of_group> </groups> </user> <user> <name> <first>fff</first> <last>nnn</last> </name> <dob>12/6/1983</dob> <marital_status>single</marital_status> <groups> <member_of_group>Chess Club</member_of_group> <member_of_group>Cultural Association</member_of_group> </groups> </user> </users></document>\[/code\]What I want this code to do is to choose, first, the users who are members of Football club, and then out of those, chose the users who are single. But I cannot figure out how to write a stylesheet for this. I wrote this:\[code\]<xsl:template name="temp"> <xsl:param name="a1"/> <xsl:param name="pro"/> <xsl:choose> <xsl:when test="$pro = 'marital_status'"> <xsl:for-each select="/document/users/user"> <xsl:if test="marital_status=$a1"> <xsl:value-of select="."/> </xsl:if> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:when> <xsl:when test="$pro = 'memberofgroups'"> <xsl:for-each select="/document/users/user"> <xsl:for-each select="./groups/member_of_group"> <xsl:if test=".=$a1"> <xsl:value-of select="."/> </xsl:if> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:when> </xsl:choose> </xsl:template><xsl:template match="include"> <xsl:call-template name="temp"> <xsl:with-param name="a1"> <xsl:apply-templates select="*[2]"/> </xsl:with-param> </xsl:call-template> </xsl:template>\[/code\]While calling the template I pass the correct values I suppose.Problem is I get all the users who are single, plus all the users who are members of that particular group. However I want single users who are also member of Football club. I don't want the stylesheet to be hard-coded, because I also want to do filtering based on other elements. I can not figure out how can I save the filtered elements into something which could be used as an input for the next XPath expression. Or am I making some mistake while writing the constraints for filtering the document. Or could there be any other more appropriate way of writing a document for filtering? I will much appreciate your help.

Back