[FILLED] iPhone / iPod Touch Optimized Skin

SpeedRazors

o show a message to all your iPod / iPhone users, you just need to add something like this in your navbar template (in your default style)

PHP Code:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
    if ((navigator.userAgent.indexOf('iPhone') != -1) || 
    (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('iPod') != -1)) {
        document.write("<a href=\"$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]?<if condition="$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']">$_SERVER[QUERY_STRING]&</if>styleid=[b]XX[/b]\">iPhone Style</a>")
    }
</script> 
(Change XX to your iPhone style number and write whatever you want instead of "iPhone Stlye")

asdasd

thnx a lot! but nowthat i have install it is fucking buggy..
i need all the /code that is in that thread.. but i dont wanna bother you.. so.. i would just uninstall it :/

thnx anyway!

asdasd

Thnx!! :$

vBulletin.org Forum - View Single Post - iPhone / iPod Touch Optimized Skin

a little pressent : P

vbteammu6.jpg

asdasd

Hey.. its me again.. i don't wanna hurry you!.. but if u can.. would you also download the images in the example page? i wanna have it in full size :D

thnx again..

and sorry for my english ! im from Argentina !

SpeedRazors

For people wanting to give their user the "New posts since last visit" option, here's a template fix:

1. Open template navbar for the iPhone skin
2. Find:
PHP Code:
Code:
<li><phrase 1="$pmbox[lastvisitdate]" 2="$pmbox[lastvisittime]">$vbphrase[last_visited_x_at_y]</phrase></li>
3. Add after:
PHP Code:
Code:
<if condition="$show['searchbuttons']"><li class="link"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></li></if>

- User Age in CP (together with the_sisko)

There is a problem in your FORUMDISPLAY

When I try to edit it, I get this error message:

The conditional on line 40 appears to be missing its beginning tag (<if>). This may cause unexpected behavior.

You have also made a mistke with the search link. There is a Slash before search.php

PHP Code:
Code:
<a class="mobilebutton" href="/search.php">Search</a>

it should be

PHP Code:
Code:
<a class="mobilebutton" href="search.php">Search</a>

This wrong link occours in FORUMDISPLAY, FORUMHOME and a third template (i have forgeotten the name of the template).

You should also include this template edit by deafult: vBulletin.org Forum - The Official vBulletin Resource!

Otherwise: GREAT WORK! GREAT SKIN!

OK... should I look for any instance of...

Code:
Code:
<input type="submit"
and then add that line of code from that thread above it? Just wanna find out the right thing to look for heh. Thanks for your time & help though dartho

OK... I figured out how to add the Forum Jump menu to it. Figured I'd post it here for whomever wishes to do the same .

Edit the FORUMHOME, FORUMDISPLAY, & SHOWTHREAD templates:
=================================================
On each templates... scroll down to the bottom. Look for the $footer bit of codes, and just add this code above it:

Code:
Code:
<div class="smallfont" align=center style="text-align:$stylevar[align=center]; white-space:nowrap">
	<form action="forumdisplay.php" method="get">
	<input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
	<input type="hidden" name="daysprune" value="$daysprune" />
	<strong>$vbphrase[forum_jump]</strong><br />
	<select name="f" class="iphone_jump" onchange="this.form.submit();">
		<optgroup label="$vbphrase[site_areas]">
			<option value="cp" $frmjmpsel[usercp]>$vbphrase[user_control_panel]</option>
			<option value="pm" $frmjmpsel[pm]>$vbphrase[private_messages]</option>
			<option value="subs" $frmjmpsel[subs]>$vbphrase[subscriptions]</option>
			<option value="wol" $frmjmpsel[wol]>$vbphrase[whos_online]</option>
			<option value="search" $frmjmpsel[search]>$vbphrase[search_forums]</option>
			<option value="home" $frmjmpsel[home]>$vbphrase[forums_home]</option>
		</optgroup>
		<optgroup label="$vbphrase[forums]">
		$jumpforumbits
		</optgroup>
	</select>$gobutton
	</form>
</div>
I know it's supposed to work by just adding $forumjump which would pull this code from that template, but for some weird reason... it just would not work. So I simply added the code from the forumjump template; with centering the div as well, so it displays directly above the footer on the main forum page, the forums display page, and each thread display page. Handy for navigating & accessing areas of your forums for iPhone/Touch users then.

I'm gonna try adding a Return to Top link just above the forum jump aligned to the left side then so it's easier for iPhone/Touch users to navigate back to the top of the page without having to scroll all the way up. Saves time when viewing large threads, thread lists, etc.

OK, I figured out this problem. If you go into the FORUMDISPLAY template, look for this code:
Code:
Code:
<div class="mobiletitle">
And add this code right BELOW it:
Code:
Code:
$foruminfo[title_clean]
That will resolve the issue of the thinner navbar issue I had previously.

=======================================
Hmmm... I tried adding a Back to Top link to the FORUMHOME, FORUMDISPLAY, & SHOWTHREAD templates... by adding these two lines of code:

Add this code right ABOVE the $header tag at the top:
Code:
Code:
<a name="top"></a>
then

Add this code directly above the $footer code; or directly above the forum jump menu div container if you added that from my above post:
Code:
Code:
<div align=right><a href="#top">Top</a></div>
And this works in normal browsers, but when I try to use the Top link in Safari on my iPod Touch, it doesn't work. Anyone have any clues as to why this is? Or if I put in the wrong code or something??

=======================================

I know this stuff is probably simple edits for a lot of your experienced/advanced coders, but for people like me who suck/hate coding hehe.... it's useful info for editing this excellent skin.

Cool man, thanks. Just need to work on this New Thread button. Has anyone managed that yet?

Code:
Code:
<center><if condition="$show['newthreadlink']">
<a class="mobile_button" href="newthread.php?$session[sessionurl]do=newthread&f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow">New Thread</a><else />&nbsp;</if></center>
^^^^thats what i used for new thread.

here is the code for return to top.

Code:
Code:
<A NAME="top">
right below
<div class="page-margin">
[code]
In the footer add:
[code]
<A HREF="#top">Return to Top</A>
right below
Code:
$spacer_close
<!-- /content area table -->
Last edited by vbreal : 08 Jul 2008 at 17:16.