File Upload validation only on record create, not edit

I've got a form that allows a file upload and I'm using data validation to check what type of file it is and that's all good. What I want to do is then allow them to edit that same record but a file upload at that time is not needed.My validation rule is as follows:\[code\] 'header_pic' => array( 'extension' => array( 'rule' => array('extension', array('jpeg', 'jpg', 'gif', 'png')), 'message' => 'You must supply a GIF, PNG, or JPG file.', ) )\[/code\]But this rule requires a file. I found the 'on' parameter and I could add it to this rule but it would then only check files on creation. Not on editing.I tried this but it didn't work:\[code\] 'header_pic' => array( 'extension' => array( 'rule' => array('extension', array('jpeg', 'jpg', 'gif', 'png')), 'required' => false, 'allowEmpty' => true, 'message' => 'You must supply a GIF, PNG, or JPG file.', ), 'notEmpty' => array( 'rule' => array( 'notEmpty'), 'on' => 'create', 'message' => 'You must supply a file.', ), )\[/code\]What am I missing? (Thanks in advance!!)

Back