file linking problem

admin

Administrator
Staff member
We have our websites (5 of them) under D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/Website1 ... (etc) Each website needs to access the same pdf files that are updated daily and stored in D:/Inetpub/ftproot/Consumer Rate Reports.<br />
Because this folder is outside the website root folder, I don't know how I should link to it. Can anyone suggest how I should do this? (all this is on the same server - Win 2000)<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->specify the full path. Like say its on another drive you would specify the drive name like <a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"c:/folder/folder/pdf.pdf">PDF</a> something like that or <a href="d:/folder/folder/pdf.pdf">PDF</a><!--content-->I see you use IIS??<br />
There has to be a way to map file paths to virtual paths so that users can not see the disk path to a file...I am hoping ( atleast) there should be one..:-)<!--content-->Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm hesitant about putting the full path because of what Khalid said (path being visible).<br />
Khalid, you said there has to be a way ... any suggestions? Even if I put the folder in the wwwroot folder it will still be accessible to viewers. Short of requiring user login, I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions?<br />
<br />
Mushtaq<!--content-->would the ../ method get above the root folder?<!--content-->Yes, it finds the file if the pdf folder is under wwwroot. It gives me a "page not found" error when I put it under the ftproot folder. Which is a pity, because I would prefer to put the files under the ftproot (for security reasons)<br />
<br />
Mushtaq<!--content-->

Back