fieldset w/legeng and background-color

liunx

when i have a fieldset with a background color it looks fine. however when I add a legend, the background fill goes out of the fieldset box by a few pixels at the top (it fills to the top of the legend text and looks lousy). is there anyway to prevent this?<!--content-->first of all, when the tile set gose away its probably from the pixel. Bg=#000000 if your using html, place your Bg color be4 and after the pixel and tilset. this will stop it from moving when the legends are in place. if you have any trouble ask me again. now can you help me?<br />
<br />
ok go to my 顪痶e! (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freewebs.com/bl-">http://www.freewebs.com/bl-</a><!-- m -->) i need u to help me. on the left i want to put a scroll bar so the links dont take up to much room. it should look like this<br />
<br />
Link] | <-Scroll Bar<br />
<br />
<br />
Almost like that/ cAn Any1 help Me plz!!!1 if you can post a reply.<!--content-->I think you can use DIV to specify a box in which you would set your links. You can then use CSS to set the Overflow values, e.g. <br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
.links {<br />
width: 100px;<br />
height: 200px;<br />
overflow:scroll<br />
}<br />
//--><br />
</style><br />
<br />
...<br />
<br />
<div class="links">Place links here...</div><br />
<br />
You can use values other than SCROLL as the overflow. Here they are (and their meanings):<br />
<br />
visible: all the contents will be displayed, even if the contents go beyond the borders.<br />
<br />
hidden: the browser clips off whatever goes over the border, i.e. some of the content will not be displayed.<br />
<br />
auto: same as hidden, but the browser will supply a scrollbar if needed.<br />
<br />
scroll: same as auto, but the browser will supply a scrollbar, even when not needed.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps.<!--content-->

Back