few question about atom feeds

wxdqz

I am doing a project for the school which is based on feed and entries. We have bunch of clubs in school and so we have a feed a club, a feed for student council, a feed for class cancellations, and so that everyone could post entries. And my supervisor want me to user atom feeds "http://atomenabled.org/" so that people could add the link to their feed reader and so read class cancellations or any other announcements that other clubs or student council makes. I have read atomenabled.org and designed a database to hold the data, made forms to store and retrieve data. But atomenabled.org/ doesnt tell me if I have designed it correctly. Plus another thing, when I generate atom feed based on mysql query, if I display data from more than one feed , how would xml file look.

I use PHP 4, mySql 4.

My main questions are:
1)For examples I have more than one feed, when i create atom.xml, do I create and xml file per feed or somehow I store everething in one xml file. Because then if I do a query to retrieve entries from the database, and those entries come from 10 different feeds, how am I suppose to create xml file. An example would be good.

2)In atom api, for allmost every singe element, there are atom:base , atom:uri. Which are in a way simiral, bot not quite. When I create a form for a user to create a feed or create entry, what am I suppose to do about all of that technical data, base, uri, the end user does know what to do with it. And since there is more than one feed, I cannot set them to default values.

3)any good tutorial to crea xml files with php, or just to create temporary xml code, I guess I could just echo all xml tags.

Back