Few Logical Programming Questions

angiescarlet

I started coding recently, and this community has helped me a lot understanding many things which I was not aware of. However, many reputed coders instructed me of some patterns, the way I have to code and the way I shouldn't write codes. Although I accepted their suggestion with gratitude, there was many thing I couldn't understand. I want your point of view to understand the few questions which has been running over my mind from the past few days. MySQL[*]Why is it that many coders gave me thumbs down whenever I used the \[code\]*\[/code\] in the select statement? Why did they suggest using \[code\]entityname.tablename\[/code\] even if sometimes I want almost all the data from a table? [*]Is it okay if my code make a frequent trip to the database on a single page say about 5-8 request? To be more precise in a page I would want to update the value, insert the value, count the rows, sum up the values, and so on. I once made almost all the select statement as a single query and one of the reputed user of this community suggested me not to do it that way instead suggested me to use a user defined function. (BTW, user defined function helped me a lot to clean my code and understand the error more quickly). What is your take on this?FrameworksWhen I started learning PHP I knew little about programming and more about web, although I had learned the popular computer languages like C, C++, .NET, Java etc. in my college. It was just the formal and theoretical subject which I learned and when I knew I wanted to be a web developer internet was my best friend and the community helped me out. Now when I have started my journey of learning programming I have set some goals and aims myself, I want to be a Pro PHP Developer, I want to Master the HTML, JS, CSS, MySQL etc. My question here is IS FRAMEWORK EVIL FOR LEARNERS LIKE ME?

Back