Feed Page Help

wxdqz

All,

I'm extremely new to XML and have been given a project that at this time seems way over my head. Was hoping someone here could help.

Basically, I need a page that functions much like pages at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.feedburner.com">www.feedburner.com</a><!-- w -->. When you publish a feed, users can click on any files associated with the feed that are displayed in a nice looking webpage format, and if you want to put the feed into iTunes, you simply copy the same URL into your podcast directory.

So, I've built an XML document that works fine in iTunes, so I'm able to feed podcasts. And, I've built a nice looking page using XML and XSL that looks like a normal web page displaying our file and feed information we want to push to users.

The problem I'm running into is combining the two. If I put iTunes tags into the file I've used to look good in the browser, nothing shows up in the feed area. On the other side, if I put the XSL formatting into my XML file that works great in iTunes, iTunes suddenly doesn't recognize anything on it. So basically, when I try combining them, everything blows up and none of it works. My boss wants this to be a one-stop shop unfortunately, so I have to find a way where the URL will work in iTunes or a browser.

Anyone had experience doing this? Or maybe know of a pre-written (open-source) app that does this kind of work? I'm kind of in the ASP/PHP world, so this is all foreign to me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Back