fast downloads from a server?

I was just wondering what you need to have a website have really fast Download <!--more-->s? Not just having your pages open fast but also like movies, pictures, and other stuff the genre of the site has. <br />
is it ram, HD, processor??????<!--content-->i know bandwidth/data transfer is HOW MUCH stuff people can Download <!--more--> per month... i'm not sure if that has to with it.<br />
<br />
you probably already know it widely depends on the client's speed and the location (how far away they are) right?<br />
<br />
i think it might depend on the types of cables and networking devices the hosts use for your server. some hosts specify on their websites what kinda hardware they use. they'll say stuff like "quality network" using cisco or speedstream, stuff like that. the better the network structure, the faster the information travels.<br />
<br />
not much i know about it<!--content-->It depends on the type of hardware in the server,server software used and the connection that the server uses to connect to the internet.<br />
<br />
On the hardware side its a combination of processors,HD,ram and other stuff which makes the server work fast.Good quality routers and cables which connect a server to the internet also will improve speeds.<br />
<br />
To makes file from you server reach your users fast you need a fast connection.Like most fast webhosts use multiple OC-192 connection which have a speeds above 150MB per second.<!--content-->what is that connection?<!--content-->the problem is that he is running his apache server and Cable, just like me, so Download <!--more-->s go at about 3KBPS<br />
<br />
i think you just need a faster connection, dude<!--content-->Originally posted by xxnfg618xx <br />
what is that connection? <br />
<br />
Its a connection that only web hosts use.<br />
<br />
If your trying to make your Apache server on a cable connection work faster then as morrowasted said go for a faster connection.<!--content-->ya, i am not going to pay 6,000 a month for a T1 connnection. There most be some way for fast Download <!--more-->s without getting T1<!--content-->3kbps :eek: <br />
<br />
that's ridiculously(spelling?) slow! what cable speed do you have , my sis has got the basic 256 and that uploads at 10kbps, mine goes at 20kbps.<br />
<br />
Spend the money on a webhost not on a faster connection!!<!--content-->if you are talking about the signature, ya i was just testing it out!, haha. I dunno my speed I am running cable modem and I am using adelphia if that even matters.<!--content-->

Back