Fantastico Versus Pre-installed Scripts.

liunx

Hi gang,<br /> I have 2 questions.<br /><br /> 1. Does fantastico update installed scripts? If a new version is released into the Fantastico systom, is there a way to update it in an automated way?<br /><br /> 2. I already installed Coppermine by hand. Is there a good way to get it into the Fantastico system? I checked and F. doesn't know about my gallery , which I assumed it wouldn't.<br /> <br /> Thanks.<!--content-->
Check the scripts site for newer versions than offered in Fantastico. Install it through Fantastico and if <br />Fantastico does not offer to upgrade you will have to upgrade manually. <br /><br />Based on the scripts I have tried in Fantastico (and from reading about it), Fantastico is an easy way to install/uninstall scripts, but I have had to do my own upgrades. It has been pointed out to me that Coppermine installed with Fantastico does notify when its necessary to update. <br /><br />Scripts installed manually do not appear in Fantastico. A Zen Cart manual install that I was working with a while back does not register as installed because Fantastico did not do it.<!--content-->
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->1. Does fantastico update installed scripts? If a new version is released into the Fantastico systom, is there a way to update it in an automated way?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->If you install it via Fafntastico then it will be listed to update from the main page in Fantastico, just click the upgrade link.<br /><br /><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2. I already installed Coppermine by hand. Is there a good way to get it into the Fantastico system? I checked and F. doesn't know about my gallery , which I assumed it wouldn't.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><br />You will have to manually add it.<br />Locate or create the directory /home/username/.fantasticodata/Coppermine_Photo_Gallery/<br /><br />Within this directory create a file using the following naming format: domain|installation_directory<br />e.g. totalchoicehosting.com|gallery<br /><br />Now just edit the following sample code and insert in your new file<br /><br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1--><?<br />$thisdb = "username_dbname"; $thisdomain = "totalchoicehosting.com"; $thisscriptpath = "/home/username/public_html/gallery"; <br />?><!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><!--content-->
Awesome, thanks for the code and clear instructions, Dick. Good point about the version differences too, Sammi.<!--content-->

Back