Fancy HTML layouts.....How do they do them

liunx

Im not that new to HTML so i guess i could be called an "intermidiate" at it. But now i want to learn how to create Layouts. So does anybody know of tutorials, or something useful that would help on making HTML layouts?<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks!!!! in advanced<!--content-->yeah: hang around here, and whenever you see a site that looks cool as ****, take a look at the source code and pick it apart tag-for-tag. THAT's how you learn. <br />
<br />
there are actually whole books out there devoted to telling you not to buy books, but to learn from examples on the web instead!<!--content-->When I get an idea for a layout, I draw it on paper. Then I figure out how to code it. The object is to achieve on screen what I put on paper. It's not that hard and saves time.<br />
<br />
Tables and <div>'s are useful in laying out your design's, and the drawing helps determine what you should use where. <br />
Once you have the layout you want, you can save it as a template, and then add the page specific content, and save as a new html file.<!--content-->Cascading style sheets actually help a great deal in making all pages in a sites similar, which can greatly increase the attractiveness of the site. Photoshop is also useful in making alot of the eye-catching images that can make a website worth going to time and time again.<!--content-->...and then later on, you could use includes in PHP!<br />
<br />
WHEEE!! the fun's darn near ENDLESS!!<!--content-->My suggestion is make the site layout in a graphic program (photoshop recommended) and then slice it and turn it into HTML. That is how some of the most attractive sites are made.<br />
Good Luck,<br />
Paul<!--content-->

Back