Fading

windows

I was wondering if anyone could give me the html code for this:<br />
<br />
I would like to have a text box, but have the background faded behind the box, and I have no idea how to do this, any help would be greatly appreciated.<!--content-->This is actually a DHTML question because it cannot be done with only HTML.<br />
<br />
1. You can use CSS and an animated .gif file as the background of the textbox; or<br />
<br />
2. You can use JavaScript. Here is an example (changes the text, but you should get the hang of it, if not just ask and I'll help ya): <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://jona.t35.com/experiments/xColorChnger.html">http://jona.t35.com/experiments/xColorChnger.html</a><!-- m --><!--content-->Ya, I'm definitely gonna need some help with this, that link didn't explain a thing! :(<!--content-->What do you want it to do? e.g. fade, flash, cycle ...<!--content-->What color do you want the box to fade from and to? (Example: start at white and fade to black.)<br />
<br />
My code was meant as an example, by the way (I always say this for clarification so that other people here don't think I was suggesting that my script was the exact need).<!--content-->If you want to fade from one colour black, try this tutorial: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.javascriptkit.com/dhtmltutors/fadingtext.shtml">http://www.javascriptkit.com/dhtmltutor ... text.shtml</a><!-- m --><!--content-->nonononononononono, i don't want anything to fade to anything.<br />
<br />
I want the background of the page to be faded behind the text box, just be lighter looking so you can see the text in front of the background a little better, because the background is going to be ranging from fairly dark green to a brown, like camouflage.<!--content--><body bgcolor="dark green"><br />
<br />
I think that works<!--content-->From my understanding of what you are looking for, you can do it in IE with a filter, like this:<br />
<br />
<textarea style="filter:alpha(opacity=75);"></textarea><!--content-->I think he is only looking for background color,<br />
snipers is closer if I am right..:-)<br />
<br />
<body style="background-color:#93BEE2;"><br />
<br />
this should do it...<br />
<br />
lets se how many "no's" he writes back this time..:D<!--content-->nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono good enough?!? :D <br />
<br />
i think pyro has what i want and thank you, i'll let you know if it turns out good.<!--content-->Okay, that is basically what I wanted, but there's always a scroll bar to the right of the text, how do I get rid of that?<!--content--><input type="text" name="mytext" style="filter:alpha(opacity=75);" /><!--content-->Still having a bit of trouble with it. Sorry, I'm not the greatest at this stuff.<br />
<br />
So the line should look like this?:<br />
<br />
<input type="text" name="mytext" style="filter:alpha(opacity=75);"/>texttexttexttexttexttexttexttext<br />
<br />
<br />
like that with the texttexttext being what I would like having the faded background behind it? (if that sentence makes any sense at all)<br />
<br />
Thank you for any help you can give.<!--content--><input type="text" name="mytext" value="texttexttexttexttexttexttexttext" style="filter:alpha(opacity=75);"/><!--content-->Ya, that's exactly what I want, but you can click on the text and delete it while you're on the webpage<!--content-->Originally posted by GuyWoods <br />
Okay, that is basically what I wanted, but there's always a scroll bar to the right of the text, how do I get rid of that? <br />
<br />
Set the text area parameters:<br />
<br />
<textarea name="mytext" cols="350" rows="12" style="filter:alpha(opacity=55);">texttexttexttexttexttexttexttext</textarea><br />
<br />
The number of rows you set will determine whether a scroll bar is needed.<!--content-->Okay, thats exactly what I want, but there's still one more problem<br />
<br />
<textarea name="mytext" cols="60" rows="12" style="filter:alpha(opacity=75);">blahblah</textarea><br />
<br />
When I set the amount of rows to "1" there is still the arrows of the scrollbar to the right.<br />
<br />
Is there anyway to get rid of those completely but only in certain areas?<br />
<br />
ALSO!!!<br />
<br />
When viewing the webpage, it is still possible to click on the text area, and delete and/or write whatever you want in there.<br />
<br />
I would also like to get rid of that if at all possible.<!--content-->You want no scrollbar in the textarea? Try putting this attribute in the <textarea> tag...<br />
<br />
<br />
style="overflow:none;"<!--content-->I suppose you could use CSS to set all the scroll bar atributes to white, so it would be invisible.<!--content-->Originally posted by Jona <br />
<br />
style="overflow:none;"<br />
Should be style="overflow:hidden;", if that is the way that is chosen...<!--content-->so I can have style="filter:alpha blah blah and style="overflow:hidden" in the same line?<br />
<br />
They won't fustigate with each other?<!--content-->No you cant do that:<br />
<br />
use this<br />
<br />
style="filter:alpha blah blah ;overflow:hidden"<!--content-->Okay, that solves that problem! Thank you.<br />
<br />
BUT!!!!<br />
<br />
I still have the problem that when viewing the webpage, people can still click on the textarea, and write in or delete what they see.<br />
<br />
How can I stop this?!?<!--content--><textarea readonly></textarea><!--content--><textarea disabled> </textarea><br />
<br />
Works as well but the text is displayed differently. I never knew about that 'readonly' but I think I'll start using that from now on. :D<br />
<br />
Havik<!--content-->YES YES YES, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!<br />
<br />
very very very very much!<!--content-->

Back