Extract element from one XML file and stuff it to another XML file

StariyElektrik

Is there a way within a single XSLT file to first open one XML file and extract an element with children and then stuff that element into a second XML file?If it can't be done in one XSLT, then my choice of languages would be vb script.I have seen many different examples here, but I am just confused and don't understand the majority of them.Here is the XSL i have working for extracting a node from XML1:\[code\] <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" indent="yes" encoding="ISO-8859-1"/> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:copy-of select="root/Collection/Item/." /> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet> \[/code\]I want to take the resulting Item and append it to XML2 in the same XPATH, root/Collection.I have a vb script from this answer How to save XML to a file (Thank you Andrew Cooper) that returns the XML to a memvar.XML1:\[code\]<root> <collection1> <item attr1, attr2...> ---this is what I am getting <more> </more> </item> <collection1> <collection2> <item attr1, attr2...> <more> </more> </item> <collection2> ... <collection_n> <item attr1, attr2...> <more> </more> </item> <collection_n></root>\[/code\]XML2:\[code\]<root> <collection1> <item attr1, attr2...> <more> </more> </item>---- i want to insert node from XML1 here, only in collection1 <collection1> <collection2> <item attr1, attr2...> <more> </more> </item> <collection2> ... <collection_n> <item attr1, attr2...> <more> </more> </item> <collection_n></root>\[/code\]so the new XML2:\[code\]<root> <collection1> <item attr1, attr2...> <more> </more> </item> <item attr1, attr2...> <more> </more> </item> <collection1> <collection2> <item attr1, attr2...> <more> </more> </item> <collection2> ... <collection_n> <item attr1, attr2...> <more> </more> </item> <collection_n></root>\[/code\]

Back