Extra space in my page files

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I am making a page for my work, and it has a navigation menu. When I load the page, there is always this extraneous space, like 2 page lengths worth at the bottom of the page. I have messed around with some things, and found that my external files that I am importing have an effect on it. When I import them in the title, the space is gone, but the file is not able to see the variables anymore. When I place the import in the body, it accepts the variable types and stuff, but makes the page extra long. Any idea why this would do it?? I have messed around with it a bunch, and can't figure it out.<!--content-->shouldn't create any space that way. unless there is a lot of space inthe dile you are including. do you have a link for us to check out so when can see it?<!--content-->I actually don't have a link because it isnt up and running...if I have space in my javascript file, it shouldn't show up in the html though, right?? I have tried taking out the blank spaces, and nothing happens.<!--content-->you dont have a table/tr/td height attribute set to something like 100% do you? that often causes format problems.<!--content-->I have width fields in there, just so that the table only goes as far over as I want without going off the side, but no height values like that that I can find...I will keep looking, but thanks alot. It is weird because it only happens when I place the code in the body.<!--content-->OK, this is kind of weird, but I have been messing around with the whole thing, and as I navigate along the menu bar, which is in the middle of the page, the scroll bar gets larger and smaller. Once I go on a few of the menu names, the scroll bar gets bigger and the extra space disappears. This only happens when I do certain menu items in a certain order. I have definitely been spending too much time with this crap...haha..any ideas??<!--content-->nobody can helop you if you don't give us some code to see. we can guess and that is it. it sounds like your DHTML is making the extra space. and white space doesn't matter in html as it only reads one empty space.<!--content-->

Back