External Header

I'm doing my web page re-design, and because they both change frequently, would like to make the header and footer load externally. Both are simple tables.<br />
<br />
Is there a format to store the header and footer, and then call them up when the page opens? And if so, would someone share that code with me?<!--content-->Ask your web host if you are allowed to do PHP, or ASP, or CGI, on your site and then post that answer back here.<br />
<br />
If yes, we can give you some code to do this.<br />
<br />
If no, then, well, umm, you can't do it.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
There is also a really nasty way via javascript, but search engines will not be able to follow that code (so your site will get poor rankings) and the site will fail to work in browsers that have javascript switched off. You really don't want to do the javascript way if you can help it.<!--content-->I've got cgi access, but am changing servers in December, and will do it in asp after the nove.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your quick response! Once the server move is made, I'll be back to get the code.<!--content-->Yeah, that will work, ASP will do the job. Bookmark this thread, then bump it when you are ready. <br />
<br />
I like PHP a lot, but there are plenty of ASP coders here that can show you what to do too.<!--content-->

Back