experienced with submit buttons???

liunx

:confused: Alright, I'm trying to get this submit button to work for a homepage I'm developing and I just can't get it to do what I want. I'm not sure exactly what to put in the ACTION section that will send the form directly to a given email address. I hear that new browsers don't recognize the mailto: command anymore and there needs to be more to add. Does anyone know what I can put at HTML into my button code that will take the form that someone has filled out and directly email it to a certain email address? I would be forever in debt.:p<!--content-->So you already have a form and a button but it will not submit correct?<!--content-->Yeah. I have the question form all set up and a submit button. When the submit button is hit, it opens up my email browser with a compose email to my email address. I was told that some newer browsers don't support the mailto command<!--content-->If your server supports PHP, take a look at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.webdevfaqs.com/php.php#mailer">http://www.webdevfaqs.com/php.php#mailer</a><!-- m --><!--content-->Yea you could make a standard html email form though if you dont want a server side language, it might not work though depending on your email host and the server you are on. <form method="post" action="mailto:youremail"> Then design a form with a text box and a submit button and such.<!--content-->Tell me, how could the server matter for client side scripting? I agree that there is a very good possibility it won't work for your uses, but that is because they may not have a mail client installed, not because of the server...<!--content-->Thats true, but I wasnt talking about the hosting server, Well I mean it could affect it if the server that is recieving the mail is messed up. Like when i first tried to use html mail its because my mail host was hotmail and it was something wrong with their server that I would have to use a smtp server and a server side language. I dont quite understand why... but thats what some perl guy told me a long time ago. Sounds a bit odd to me<!--content-->

Back