Expecting Nested XML structure but receiving SOAP structure

jesaro

I'm making an app that is requesting data from a Web Service (implementing Soap).People who are viewing this pleaase post doubts in comments... I havent got any response to the question do ask me if there is any doubts, i really need help, am stuck!!So to make request I have to use ksoap libraries.. the Web service is coded to return a response of type XML. When the web service itself is tested on a browser it displays a result which is as follows: \[code\]?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - <SOBKeyList>- <Key> <value>12686</value> </Key>- <Key> <value>16238</value> </Key>- <Key> <value>26978</value> </Key> </SOBKeyList>\[/code\]clearly an XML file...\[code\]However\[/code\] when i use ths code to get a result:\[code\] public String getXmlFromUrl(String url) { // TODO Auto-generated method stub String xml = null; SoapObject request = new SoapObject(WSDL_TARGET_NAMESPACE,OPERATION_NAME); PropertyInfo pi = new PropertyInfo(); pi.setName("fkey"); pi.setValue(0); pi.setType(Integer.class); request.addProperty(pi); pi = new PropertyInfo(); pi.setName("tkey"); pi.setValue(999999); pi.setType(Integer.class); request.addProperty(pi); SoapSerializationEnvelope envelope = new SoapSerializationEnvelope( SoapEnvelope.VER11); envelope.dotNet = true; envelope.setOutputSoapObject(request); HttpTransportSE httpTransport = new HttpTransportSE(url); Object response = null; try { httpTransport.call(SOAP_ACTION, envelope); response = envelope.getResponse(); xml = response.toString(); Log.d("xml:", xml); } catch (SoapFault e) { // TODO Auto-generated catch block Log.d("Soap Fault", e.toString()); } catch (IOException e) { // TODO Auto-generated catch block Log.d("IOexception", e.toString()); } catch (XmlPullParserException e) { // TODO Auto-generated catch block Log.d("XmlPullParserException", e.toString()); } return xml;}\[/code\]It returns a nested SOAP structure confirmed by the Log entry which i make ( \[code\]Log.d("xml:", xml);\[/code\] )The corresponding LogCat entry is: (i've formatted it to make it the SOAP structure's heirarchy apparent... )\[code\]anyType{ SOBKeyList=anyType{ Key=anyType{value=http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11048426/12686 ; }; Key=anyType{value=16238 ; }; Key=anyType{value=26978 ; }; }; }\[/code\]The reason why i necessarily need an XML is because later I parse the string to get a DOM element and when the above string is passed it returns the following: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Unexpected token (position:TEXT anyType{SOBKeyLi...@1:119 in java.io.StringReader@40ec9c68) also from there onward my entire code depends on the fact that the response was XML. Explaination of the reason why i expected an XML :Now you may asked why I coded my app expecting XML when i had not tested the Web service the reason is: The Web service was coded my a third party who assured me of an XML response , now i dont have enough time to change my remaining code to exploit a SOAP structure !! -_-I'm in a fix. Please help!

Back