Excel export to multiple html pages using xml?

Global

I'm wondering if the following tasks can be achieved using xml/xsl or if there's a better/easier way to do it.The main goal is to be able to create html pages using data of an Excel spreadsheet.The situation now: Whenever I or someone else needs to edit something in the spreadsheet we also have to make the according changes in the html pages, which can be quite tedious.a) in an excel document I need to extract certain columns from 2 different worksheets. Not all needed columns are adjacent to one another, so that I can't just select a range A10-H200 for example. And in the second worksheet a relation to some of the data of the first worksheet needs to be created. Thus I will need to rebuild a correct, semantic structure for the xml document. b) later the xml-file needs to be transformed to multiple html files according to its type of level.\[code\]<levels> <level1> <level2> <level3> <details/> <level1> <level2> <level3> <details/>\[/code\]so with the above structure I need to output one html file for level1 which displays only the level2 categories. The same goes for level2 displaying all level3 categories. All of these are just titles containing a number.For "details" I then need to create an html table structure holding all the information.For level1 to level3 only one html page is required each (graphically it should look like some kind of flow chart) but for the details level quite a lot (100+) of html files need to be populated. So obviously the xml file will be quite "big" - whatever that is in numbers now :-)Here's a more realistic example of how the structure later should look like:\[code\]<products> <productA> <category id="100"> <subcategory id="110"> <details> <no> <description> <process> <dok> <link1> <link2> </dok> ... </details>\[/code\]c) what happens later with changes made in the excel sheet? If I export that spreadsheet to xml again and then open the browser, will everything be parsed again? Would it be time consuming, considering a server-side environment? Or is it possible to only recreate the updated pages again?d) would it make things easier to create separate xml files for the certain levels? The more I think about it I'm not so sure anymore if xml/xsl is the best solution for this. It's sounds quite time consuming and difficult. Probably because I'm not such a big insider to know about all of the possible potential, especially when it comes to xsl :-)But I can't think of a better way to have all these html pages created automatically. Maybe there's a software out there that can deal with such tasks.I appreciate your ideas. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction. If you know a better way, please let me know.Thank you for reading!

Back