Everything is double spaced...

liunx

how come just typeing in a regular html comes out like it is double spaced...<br />
<br />
using dreamweaver...is there anyway to change this...besides making cells and adjust the size of them...<br />
<br />
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.allproentertainment.com">www.allproentertainment.com</a><!-- w --><br />
<br />
dont make fun of my site, its my first one.<br />
<br />
thanks <br />
mike<!--content-->It's the <p> tags causing that. Remove those and you'll have more control.<br />
<br />
You could add some style attributes to your <p> tags, if it was me (which doesn't mean that it's the perfect way to go) I'd get rid of those tags...as I don't care for them. <br />
<br />
I like your logo.<br />
<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->i don't see what you are talking about. sorry! perhaps i misunderstand.<!--content-->Transmothra,<br />
<br />
Click on his second link in the menu, "BEAT POLICY" and look at the source code in the main content frame.<br />
<br />
<br />
G<br />
:D<!--content-->allpro, <br />
<br />
Replace your <p> and </P> tags with <div> & </div> tags<br />
<br />
Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->Originally posted by Thee Gandalf <br />
Transmothra,<br />
<br />
Click on his second link in the menu, "BEAT POLICY" and look at the source code in the main content frame.<br />
<br />
<br />
G<br />
:D a-ha! i agree with Gandalf.<br />
<br />
the more semantically correct way of doing it, though, would be to use CSS to change the default margin or padding or linespacing (or whatever it is!) of the <p>.<!--content-->oh you agree ?<br />
<br />
great...here we go again! @ Transmothra<br />
<br />
haha<br />
<br />
:D<!--content-->If you are talking about the wysiwyg side of dreamweaver there are two functions for the ENTER key.<br />
<br />
Pressing enter will give you a new paragraph<br />
<br />
Pressing SHIFT ENTER will give you a <br> which is what I think you are after.<!--content-->Thanks guys,<br />
<br />
By removing those damn <p> tags, I now can have a regularly spaced out page. Thanks again.<br />
<br />
Mike<br />
All Pro Entertainment<br />
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.allproentertainment.com">www.allproentertainment.com</a><!-- w --><!--content-->

Back