Thought I'd start all yer teeth grinding by asking for ya opinions . . .<br />
<br />
Well what META tags do youse guys consider essential?<br />
<br />
Your thoughts greatly welcome.<br />
<br />
Another Question, is . . .<br />
<br />
Ok I have that nutty old line about I'm using the Transitional version of HTML, not can one of you coding masters clarify wether it should be lower case or upper case or does it even matter.<br />
<br />
I always code in lower case now, in line with the W3C's (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.w3c.org">http://www.w3c.org</a><!-- m -->) recommendations.<br />
Does that crazy line need to be like that too?<br />
<br />
Thanx Guys an Gals <br />
Happy weekend!<!--content-->If you want forward compatibility you should use it. Future browser implementations will use it to parse based on the standard the page was written for, not just the latest standard.<br />
<br />
As for lower case. It again depends on whether you want forward compatibility.<br />
<br />
The next generation of browsers will support the XHTML standard which in turn supports XML. HTML is not case sensitive, but XML is. <br />
<br />
In the XHTML standard all tags and attributes must be lower case, and all tag attribute values must be quoted even if they are numeric.<br />
<br />
Old non-standard tuff will continue to work, but will not be able to take advantage of the much more powerful constructs available with XML.<!--content-->Hi dirtystim,<br />
<br />
As far as meta tags go, I would say to at least use the description and the keyword tags,<br />
<br />
<meta name="description" content="This is the best auction website in the world!"><br />
<meta name="keywords" content="auctions, auction, computer, bid, bidding, sale, books, coins, stamps, trading cards, memorabilia, sporting goods, music, dolls, comics, antiques, jewelry"><br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Kevin<!--content-->Kewl Thx my Frenz!<br />
<br />
d<br />
<br />
PS Kev, when is email notification gonna be fixed!? ;)<!--content-->Hi dirtystim,<br />
<br />
No word on when email notification will be reinstated. Jason will post in the Announcements forum concerning forum updates or changes.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Kevin<!--content-->

Back