Escape Characters

windows

With the particular weight and style of font I'm using, I can't seem to get the little "TM" to show anything but a little black rectangle. I reduced the weight from 800 to 700 for that heading without really messing up the style of the page and it does look better, but does anyone know how to change the weight (or anything else fontish) of a special character generated by the escape character? <br />
<br />
I set up an alternative style class for a <span> but that didn't work. <br />
<br />
Oh well something to think about 'til tomorrow.<br />
Thanks<!--content-->there is nothing special about "escape" characters that I am aware of. Whatever values you assign to the text/fonts on the page should apply to the escaped characters as well. But it could be that the font familiy you are trying to use does not support them for some reason. Please post the name of the font you are using and the escape code you are using. <br />
<br />
Kevin<!--content-->is this the one you are using?<br />
<br />
& #8482; = ™ <br />
& trade; = &trade; <br />
<br />
without the space of course.<!--content-->I never thought of the font family. My style sheet says:<br />
<br />
.td5 { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; font:800 20px Lucida sans unicode,verdana,arial,sans-serif; }<br />
<br />
And: yes, I'm using & #8482; it shows up OK in weight 800, but the rest of the sub-headings in the site are 900. I could probably change the rest of the site to match, but then I wouldn't learn anything, right?<br />
<br />
I just thought, I'm also applying:<br />
<br />
<div style="filter:shadow(color=#cccccc,strength=5); width:120"><br />
<br />
to that area of the document. Looks pretty cool, but does anybody know of a comprehensive list of the IE filter options. I cut and pasted this from somewhere that included a list of filters, and I can play with the color, but what other options besides strength is there? Changing the strength isn't doing anything. I would think that you could change the length and direction.<br />
Any ideas?<br />
Thanks<!--content-->Originally posted by Android <br />
I just thought, I'm also applying:<br />
<br />
<div style="filter:shadow(color=#cccccc,strength=5); width:120"><br />
<br />
to that area of the document. Looks pretty cool, but does anybody know of a comprehensive list of the IE filter options. I cut and pasted this from somewhere that included a list of filters, and I can play with the color, but what other options besides strength is there? Changing the strength isn't doing anything. I would think that you could change the length and direction.<br />
Any ideas?<br />
Thanks Take a look at this code for some more effects (I got it from somewhere, but don't remember where):<br />
<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<br />
<head><br />
<title>Filters!</title><br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
#P { font: 9pt Verdana,Helvetica,Arial }<br />
#TD { font: 9pt Verdana,Helvetica,Arial }<br />
.noline {a:Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,Sans Serif;font-size:10pt;color:#000000;text-decoration:none;}<br />
A:hover { color:CC0033; }<br />
</style><br />
<style><br />
body { background:white; font-family:Arrus BT,Garamond,Times New Roman; }<br />
div { position:absolute; }<br />
</style><br />
<style><br />
.shade1 { top:+5; left:+5; color:black; }<br />
.fill1 { top:0; left:0; color:red; }<br />
</style><br />
<style><br />
.light2 { top:-1; left:-2; color:white; }<br />
.shade2 { top:+1; left:+2; color:black; }<br />
.fill2 { top:0; left:0; color:silver; } </style><br />
<style><br />
.light3 { top:-2; left:-2; color:white; }<br />
.shade3 { top:+2; left:+2; color:lightblue; }<br />
.fill3 { top:0; left:0; color:blue; } </style><br />
<style><br />
.light4 { top:-2; left:-2; color:yellow; }<br />
.shade4 { top:+2; left:+2; color:yellow; }<br />
.fill4 { top:0; left:0; color:darkgreen; } </style><br />
</head><br />
<br />
<body BGCOLOR="#EAEAEA" TEXT="Black" LINK="#00528C" VLINK="#00528C" ALINK="Red"><br />
<div align="center"><center><br />
<br />
<table width="750" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><br />
<tr><br />
<td width="1" bgcolor="#003366"></td><br />
<td width="578" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" align="center" valign="top"><table width="570"><br />
<tr><br />
<td><font FACE="Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,Sans Serif"><font SIZE="4"><b>3-D Text</b></font> <br><br />
<br><br />
<br><br />
DHTML can be used to replace images in rendering 3D and fancy text! Text created with<br />
DHTML loads much faster than gifs, and are easier to manipulate on the fly. <table><br />
<tr><br />
<td><br><br />
<div class="Example1"><div class="shade1"><h1 align="center">Shadow</h1><br />
</div><div class="fill1"><h1 align="center">Shadow</h1><br />
</div></div><p><br><br />
<br><br />
<br><br />
<!--- Example #2 ---> </p><br />
<div class="Example2"><div class="light2"><h1 align="center">Emboss Background Example</h1><br />
</div><div class="shade2"><h1 align="center">Emboss Background Example</h1><br />
</div><div class="fill2"><h1 align="center">Emboss Background Example</h1><br />
<br><br />
<br><br />
<!--- Example #3 ---> </p><br />
<div class="Example3"><div class="light3"><h1 align="center">Emboss Color Example</h1><br />
</div><div class="shade3"><h1 align="center">Emboss Color Example</h1><br />
</div><div class="fill3"><h1 align="center">Emboss Color Example</h1><br />
<br><br />
<br><br />
<!--- Example #4 ---> </p><br />
<div class="Example4"><div class="light4"><h1 align="center">Color Highlight Example</h1><br />
</div><div class="shade4"><h1 align="center">Color Highlight Example</h1><br />
</div><div class="fill4"><h1 align="center">Color Highlight Example</h1><br />
</div></div></td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<p></font>&nbsp;</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
</center></div><br />
</body><br />
</html><!--content-->Found some more:<br />
<br />
Glow <br />
<div style="width:600; color:white; font-size:20pt;filter:Glow(color=blue,strength=5)"><br />
<br />
<p align="center">This text has been set on fire with a glow filter! </p><br />
</div> <br />
<br />
Blur <br />
<div<br />
style="width:150; height:10; font-size:20pt; filter:Blur(Add=true, Direction=360, Strength=10)"><br />
<br />
<p><font color="#FFFFFF">sdjfhskjdfsd</font></p><br />
</div><!--content-->

Back