Error when outputting xml with php

ps2full

I'm trying to implement Google maps on my site. I'm following the tutorial here: https://developers.google.com/maps/articles/phpsqlajax_v3?hl=svHowever, I can't output xml properly when looping through the database. In the tutorial there are three examples on how to output xml. I get "error on line 2 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document" both when using example two and three. Som what's up with this, why am I getting this error message. Since the code is from Google I assume it's correct, so my best guess is that I have som kind of hidden sign in my file. Any help much apprecieated! \[code\]<?php require("dbinfo.php"); // Start XML file, create parent node$dom = new DOMDocument("1.0");$node = $dom->createElement("markers");$parnode = $dom->appendChild($node); // Opens a connection to a MySQL server$connection=mysql_connect (localhost, $username, $password); if (!$connection) { die('Not connected : ' . mysql_error());} // Set the active MySQL database$db_selected = mysql_select_db($database, $connection);if (!$db_selected) {die ('Can\'t use db : ' . mysql_error());} // Select all the rows in the markers table$query = "SELECT * FROM markers WHERE 1"; $result = mysql_query($query);if (!$result) { die('Invalid query: ' . mysql_error());} header("Content-type: text/xml"); // Iterate through the rows, adding XML nodes for eachwhile ($row = @mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){ // ADD TO XML DOCUMENT NODE $node = $dom->createElement("marker"); $newnode = $parnode->appendChild($node); $newnode->setAttribute("name",$row['name']);$newnode->setAttribute("address", $row['address']); $newnode->setAttribute("lat", $row['lat']); $newnode->setAttribute("lng", $row['lng']); $newnode->setAttribute("type", $row['type']);} echo $dom->saveXML();?>\[/code\]Edit:\[code\]Here's an example of my output which might give some more insights on what's going on:<marker name="Pan Africa Market" address="1521 1st Ave, Seattle, WA" lat="47.608940" lng="-122.340141" type="restaurant"><marker name="Buddha Thai & Bar" address="2222 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA" lat="47.613590" lng="-122.344391" type="bar"><marker name="The Melting Pot" address="14 Mercer St, Seattle, WA" lat="47.624561" lng="-122.356445" type="restaurant"></marker></marker></marker></marker>\[/code\]So the problem seemts to be that the marker node doesn't close for each loop. Instead the closing nodes are just added at the end.

Back