Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert “” to Array

neronkadir

Having difficulty grabbing data from an XML and putting it into an Array.At the start of my document my array looks like this:\[code\]// MC's in library with exported for AS with class names "page1", "page2", etc.var pageArray:Array = [new page1(), new page2(), new page3(), new page4(), new page5()];\[/code\]Which all works well and fine when I navigate through the array.Then my problem comes when I try to replace that array with a new array from an XML file, from within a MovieClip.\[code\]/..xml details etc../var pages_xml:String = xmlData.account.(@code == String(codeField.text)).pages;MovieClip(root).pageArray = pages_xml;\[/code\]An example of a line from my XML would look like this.\[code\]<account code="1"><accountName>Account1</accountName><pages>new page1(), new page2()</pages></account>\[/code\]So from my example above you can see that I'm just trying to replace new page1(), new page2(), new page3() with new page1(), new page2()But doing so results in this error:\[quote\] TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert "new page1(), new page2()" to Array.\[/quote\]I know the best way would probably be to splice or something but the arrays will be getting messy later on and I will probably over up to 50 pages (a different selection of pages for each account code).Would appreciate any ideas on what I can do or what I am doing wrong.

Back