enum and xerces-parser problem

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hallo,I have a problem with an Enumerated Attribute Type in a XML-file,the DTD-file and the validating xerces parser.A XML-file generator build in dependency of the inputs of theuser the mandatory Element color with the Attribute value....<color value=http://forums.devx.com/archive/index.php/""/>...or...<color value="RED"/>...or...<color value="GREEN"/>...All 3 versions are correctly. The possible Attribute values are"RED", "GREEN" and "". I need expressly the version<color value=""/> !!! I need always one version (mandatoryElement)!Now I have a problem with the validating xerces-c_1_1_0-win32-parser. How can I create my DTD-file without a fatal errormessage and an abort of my parser?The DTD-line <!ATTLIST color value (RED | GREEN ) "" acceptonly the XML-line <color/>.With the xml-line <color value=""/> the parser supplies afatal error message and an abort.The DTD-line <!ATTLIST color value (RED | GREEN | "") is notaccepted by the parser.How can I solve the problem?For your help says Thomas from Berlin THANKS!

Back