Embedding a special font?

liunx

I would like to use a special font on some of my web pages however the challenge lies in that many users will not have the font I plan to use.<br />
<br />
So I need to somehow embed this font, right? However the Dreamweaver book doesn't adequately address the issue..so am I correct in assuming I need to have some sort of href tag and if it has to be referenced to the font...how or where do I place the font itself so it can be used?<br />
<br />
Or is this not possible?? Thanks<!--content-->http://forums.webdeveloper.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10623<br />
<br />
the link at the bottom is the one you want. There's a better article about it somewhere... i'll have a look.<!--content-->Okay..thanks.<br />
<br />
I did look into the links provided and now I am more confused. I could use a graphic but I plan on having a small paragraph of the special text...I guess I could try making it in Illustrator or something..but maybe I will Download <!--more--> that WEFT program..sounds cool....anywhoo thanks for the info<!--content-->Weft is M$ specific and will not be viewable by any other browser, even the CSS 2.1 Working Draft have basically scrapped the idea of @font-face so remeber to use a good font-family fallback list.<!--content-->

Back