Emailing form as HTML, not ascii

liunx

A client has asked for the abililty to direct customers to a dedicated web site to fill out key information on a template based html page, and by clicking submit, having the ENTIRE PAGE sent via email as a complete HTML PAGE, not a mailform page containing only ascii text. <br />
This is a project I have been having a great deal of trouble with.<br />
<br />
I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions/feedback anyone might have...<br />
Thx,<br />
Travler625<!--content-->to submit a form via html you will need to see if you smtp server can send html emails and then you need to change the email type from text to html, that can be done differently depending on which server side language you are using. Did you say you are just using html?<!--content-->Yes, the mail server does actually support both html based and non-html based formats.<br />
<br />
For this function however, the goal will be to send the entire html page, after inputing the text. Each employee will be entering different individual text to the html template page. Then by hitting submit, the goal is to email the html page via Microsoft Outlook to a group of email addresses, also served by Microsoft Outlook.<br />
<br />
Make sense???<!--content-->I'm pretty sure you can't do this client-side - you'll have to look into a server-side language. What languages do you have available?<br />
<br />
Adam<!--content-->So you are saying you don't want the e-mail to show up like this...<br />
<br />
Name: DUDE<br />
Address: Dude Street <br />
<br />
etc...<br />
<br />
Sorry, ignore this if it is the wrong thing. If you do want it to show up like that here it is... <br />
<br />
<FORM METHOD="post" ACTION="mailto:your e-mail" enctype="text/plain"><!--content-->No, I've been pretty successful with standard text mail forms, such as the line you referenced... unfortunately, this time I need to be able to design it to send as html. For instance, if you use Outlook, you can can goto TOOLS, and send an html page as an email. That's essentially what I'm looking to do. BUT... it would be sent after the user filled in his option and text boxes.<br />
<br />
------<br />
<br />
I'll have to check to see what other languages I have available to work with. This particular function is pretty new to me...<!--content-->well what server side languages does your host support?<!--content-->

Back