"Email Throttling" ? Help :(

pythonimp

Ok so My host won't allow me to send more than 500 emails per hour, is there a way to throttle emails to 500 per hour?

Is there a way to set this on default 3.8.x or is there a mod to do this?

Please let me know, it's important!

Thank you in advance guys!

-Pythonimp

Grinderhand

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options-> Email Options -> Use Mailqueue System -> set to Yes

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Number Of Emails To Send Per Batch

pythonimp

Ok and when it says "Per batch"

Do I have to send it multiple times? Or does that automatically send 500 per hour until all emails are sent?

Please let me know, and thanks for the response!

pythonimp

So should I set up a cron job for it? Or what?

I'm still pretty confused.

I did this:
AdminCP -> vBulletin Options-> Email Options -> Use Mailqueue System -> set to Yes
AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Number Of Emails To Send Per Batch

Now what do I do to set it where it sends only 500 per hour, EVERY hour until each member has received it. BUT I do not want to send duplicates to users, you know what i'm saying?

Grinderhand

You don't have to set a cron job for it. If you set Number Of Emails To Send Per Batch to 500, that's what it will do per hour.

EDIT: It works off the cron in the footer of your template, so every time someone loads a new page, it sends out a batch. Best to set the batch size to like 10 or so if your forum gets lots of traffic. Use your own judgment on that according to your traffic.

pythonimp

Yeah, I've got over 5700 users, so I should set the batch to like.. 5 or 10, because if I set it to 500, a shit ton of emails would be sent out, WAY more than my host enjoys, and they will shut me down.