email link

liunx

Hello,<br />
I'd like to put a link on my site to email me. This is the code I'm using- <a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"mailto:[email protected]"> my email address </a><br />
This is what I'm getting in the "To:" address line in my email composer when I click on it- <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->/start<br />
Why is the "/start" showing up?<br />
Also, if I use the address that is automatically put in my "To:" address line the email can not be sent.<br />
Thanks,<br />
Greg<!--content-->ok just to tell not like this matters tecnicly that javascript but who cares-lol<br />
<br />
mailto:my email address@hotma il.com?subj ect=what everblahblah<br />
<br />
(without the " "[double spaces])there just there so it doesn't turn into a link and you can read the whole thing<br />
<br />
you dont put a "to:", your mailing it to you!lol<br />
<br />
i dont know about carbon copys cc:<br />
and bcc (something carbon copys)<br />
<br />
maybe someone else will know<!--content-->My guess is that your email program is creating the problem. What program are you using?<!--content-->I think you're right. I am using IE 6.0 and even when I go to somebody else's website and use an email link that they had the same ting happens. I even checked to make sure that they used the same code as me. Do you think it has to do with cookies, or just the way that I have the properties set in my program?<!--content-->It would not have anything to do with the cookies. What is your default mail client (outlook, outlook express, etc)?<!--content-->under internet options and the programs tab, I have Hotmail as my email program<!--content-->Originally posted by greglutz <br />
under internet options and the programs tab, I have Hotmail as my email program <br />
<br />
I think that's your problem. Does it work properly if you're already logged into hotmail?<br />
<br />
You might have to set up a POP3 email account with your ISP & set Outlook Express (or some other such program) as your default email app.<!--content-->thanks<!--content-->I think you should talk to the hotmail reps and get the smtp and pop3 addresses and configure outlook or outlook express. The pop3 should be something like mail.hotmail.com and the smtp should be something like smtp.hotmail.com but then again it could be something else so talk to them.<!--content-->you dont have to use a pop3 try free yahoo thats what i use ive never had a prob. with it<!--content-->Yes you do need a pop3. If you want to recieve email there needs to be a server to recieve it. Just because yahoo is webmail and you never have to type in a pop3 address doesnt mean it doesnt use a pop3. Also webmail will not work in this case, we were telling him to configure outlook express.<!--content-->Hey Greg,<br />
<br />
Who is your web host? I'm thinking that maybe the problem is on their server. After all, you couldn't be the only person with Hotmail set as their default email app, right? So what happens for everybody else? Also, you said a friend has the same problem? Is he also using Hotmail?<br />
<br />
Feel like posting the page with the email link? Some of us can try it with Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, etc.<!--content-->I used to have hotmail I had to use mail.hotmail.com as my pop3 and smtp.hotmail.com as my smtp. Because the mailto links would crap on me too. Infact all webmail seems to do this, now that I think about it. But outlook express comes with xp and mozilla mail is free too so its not like its any big deal to change.<!--content-->

Back