Email Limit

liunx

Hi<br /><br />I am planning on installing quite a complex script at my site that has the potential to send more than 50 emails per 300 seconds. The purpose of the mails are not mailing lists or newsletters, but to notify the individual subscribers at the site when something that interests them (chosen by their preferences) comes up at the site. I understand that TCH's smtp servers set a limit on this. Since there is no possible way that the script can be modified, I need another option here. I am willing to pay more for the ability to send more mails, should it be necessary. I can assure you that the increase in mails would not be drastic, since there may only be 1000-2000 subscribers at the site (who can choose to be notified about email from 11 preferences). <br /><br />Are there any solutions?<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />rowanp.<!--content-->
Hi Rowan,<br /> Someone who can say for sure will be by shortly but I wanted to mention that you may want to consider a dedicated server. That would be one way to do what you want, perhaps there are other solutions.<!--content-->
That is setting that is not modified on a single account basis.<!--content-->
A dedicated server is certainly an option for the future. At the moment, I am unsure how successful the website will be. I suppose that if I have a situation where more emails than 50 per 300 seconds are sent, then upgrading will probably be essential. I suppose that I am worried that this will happen without me being aware, and the next thing seeing my account (and website) being suspended.<!--content-->

Back