Email Generation With Php

I'm currently working on a project that is extremely simple:<ul>[li]Take a PayPal IPN post<br />[li]Complete the post-back<br />[li]Generate an email based on the variables posted.</li></ul>Unfortunately, this is a solo project as anyone I know who knows PHP is not available, out of town or gone crazy. Essentially, I'm stuck at one spot: it doesn't send the email from what I can tell. I've tested everything I can think of. <br /><br />I've set the permissions to both 755 and 777. Either way, I encounter no errors that I can see. I see from my visitor log that the script is being called and returning a 200 response. Of course, (from what I know) if the script is responding with a 200 'ok' response, there will not be any errors. I have also verified that there are no errors generated. I do know the script, without my little addition, does work. I've verified this several times as I have used this rest of the script without my appended mail lines.<br /><br />Here is the section of code in question:<br /><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->// if ok, send a confirmation email to the buyer and seller<br />$body = "Thank you for your purchase!\n\nPlease review the following transaction details we have received from PayPal\n\n$item_name\n\n$item_number\n\n$mc_gross\n\nSincerely\n\nAllen Olson & Co.";  <br /><br />mail($payer_email, 'Thank you for your payment!', $body, 'From: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->');<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><br /><br />Can anyone see any direct syntax errors that my be causing the problem? I wouldn't think I would have to change any of the spacing, but could that be an issue?<br /><br />Any help would be greatly appreciated.<!--content-->

Back