Editable select

liunx

Hi All,<br />
Is it possible to have a editable select?<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->I'm not clear on what you are asking exactly, but my guess is that you have a question with various options for the answer, one of which is 'other'. You want people to be able specify what that 'other' is by editing the select value. I'm not sure that this is possible. I think instead you need another text box where they can specify what 'other' is.<br />
<br />
I won't carry on in case I'm barking up the wrong tree! Please tell me if I am.<!--content-->Originally posted by Goldilocks <br />
I'm not clear on what you are asking exactly, but my guess is that you have a question with various options for the answer, one of which is 'other'. You want people to be able specify what that 'other' is by editing the select value. I'm not sure that this is possible. I think instead you need another text box where they can specify what 'other' is.<br />
<br />
I won't carry on in case I'm barking up the wrong tree! Please tell me if I am. <br />
<br />
I have a list of records retrived from database, What I want is that user should be able to select a value from list and be able to modify. The modified value should be submitted when user submits the form. One way could be the way u suggested. But sometimes the user may leave the value in the list untouched. In that case the textfield becomes apsolute and occupies space making the form buky.<br />
What I want is, user should be able to modify the value in the 'Select' itself.<!--content-->well, a select list isn't by nature modifieable, however you could do some tricky stuff to allow modification. As goldi suggested, using a text field would be a good way to do it. You can't just type into a select list, so when you figure out if using a select field is acceptible, let us know and we can help you code for it.<!--content-->Originally posted by Dr. Web <br />
well, a select list isn't by nature modifieable, however you could do some tricky stuff to allow modification. As goldi suggested, using a text field would be a good way to do it. You can't just type into a select list, so when you figure out if using a select field is acceptible, let us know and we can help you code for it. <br />
<br />
I want to write a script that will allow the user to modify the value of select. For this I am thinking of using keydown event. Is there anything available to do this?<!--content-->if you wanted to edit the individual items of a select list, I'd present the user with a working select list... as well as the individual items listed just beside it. save it to a database table, and load the select off of the table. <br />
<br />
If you wanted to be really fancy, you could try reflowing the content of the select list as the user types into the text entries. This would be a fun project to try... but more effort than is needed to edit a select.<!--content-->

Back