edit a xml file with php

MJJMystery

PHP editing a XML file?So i have an XML file that looks like this\[code\]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><employees> <employee> <name>Mark</name> <age>27</age> <salary>$5000</salary> </employee> <employee> <name>Jack</name> <age>25</age> <salary>$4000</salary> </employee></employees>\[/code\]I want to perform 2 actions. 1)be able to edit their age and salery
2)add an employeeMy code looks a little like this \[code\] <?php $doc = new DOMDocument(); $doc->load( 'employees.xml' ); $doc->formatOutput = true; $r = $doc->createElement( "employees" ); $doc->appendChild( $r ); foreach( $employees as $employee ) { $b = $doc->createElement( "employee" ); $name = $doc->createElement( "name" ); $name->appendChild( $doc->createTextNode( $employee['name'] ) ); $b->appendChild( $name ); $age = $doc->createElement( "age" ); $age->appendChild( $doc->createTextNode( $employee['age'] ) ); $b->appendChild( $age ); $salary = $doc->createElement( "salary" ); $salary->appendChild( $doc->createTextNode( $employee['salary'] ) ); $b->appendChild( $salary ); $r->appendChild( $b ); } echo $doc->saveXML(); $doc->save("write.xml") ?> \[/code\]I am able to get it to append on to the end of the XML file however I can't get it to insert inside of the tag :(.

Back