Easy way to pass DB object into class that is extended numerous times

asteargepe94

Consider the following PHP code:\[code\]<?phprequire_once("myDBclass.php");class a { private $tablename; private $column; function __construct($tableName, $column) { $this->tableName = $tablename; $this->column = $column; } function insert() { global $db; $db->query("INSERT INTO ".$this->tableName." (".$this->column.") VALUES (1)"); } }class x extends a { function __construct() { parent::construct("x", "colX"); }}class y extends a { function __construct() { parent::construct("y", "colY"); }}?>\[/code\]I have my $db object that is instantiated in another file but wish to somehow pass this into class a's functions without using the global keyword everytime i define a new function in class "a". I know i can do this by passing the DB object when instantiating class X and Y, then passing it through to class A that way (like im currently doing with the tablename and column), however i never know how many times i might extend class A and thought that there must be another easier way somehow. Does anybody know of a better solution that i could consider to achieve this? Thanks in advance

Back