Easy To Use Java Editor

liunx

Let me start off by saying that I'm not real good at learning programming languages. I'm a GUI/drag-n-drop kind of guy, give my some software and I'll figure out how to use it. If you're talking just lines of text, that I'm not so good with. Plus I don't have a lot of spare time to learn any programming languages with a full-time job and a three year old son and all. I've been learning how to build websites using WebStudio, and I'm pleased with that software, but... I'd like to learn how to add scripts to my sites. It seems to me that Java scripts are easiest, at least as far as setup goes. With WebStudio I can easily paste scripts into a page, but I don't know beans about creating or editing them. I've looked around online and found a few free scripts, and some that are not so free, and for the most part I wouldn't know how to edit/customize them myself to fit my own needs. I have also seen WYSIWYG webdesign software that includes drag-n-drop editing features for scripts, at least for Java. I really don't want to purchase and/or learn new HTML software, that is, complete website building software. Does anyone here know af any simple to use (and preferably inexpensive) software for editing/creating Java scripts? Stand alone software to just create scripts, not overall site building or HTML editing software. Preferably something drag-n-drop, for us less programming oriented (and maybe just a bit lazy) types.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Jason<br /><br />P.S. I hope my lengthy post didn't confuse anyone, or put anyone to sleep.<!--content-->
Have a look here, <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->http://www.desktoppublishing.com/java.html<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->.<br /><br />This should get you started on finding something.<!--content-->
Thanks.<!--content-->
My favorite Java editor is Eclipse <a href="http://www.eclipse.org" target="_blank">www.eclipse.org</a>.<br /><br />FYI, Java and JavaScript are really completely different things. Java is strictly object-based code and needs to be compiled into byte code before it can be run. On the web, it's either run on the web server in what are called servlets or JSP pages -- neither of which we can run on TCH's servers, if I'm not mistaken -- or in client-side programs called applets that are embedded into web pages. JavaScript has a somewhat different syntax and doesn't need to be compiled -- just insert it into your web page inside a <script> section.<!--content-->
I don't use an editor specifically for Java. I use TextPad, and it's good for many programming languages.<!--content-->

Back